Kidney Disease Support Groups & Advocacy
Below is a list of national and local kidney disease support groups as well as resources to get involved in kidney disease advocacy:
- The National Kidney Foundation (NKF) – The National Kidney Foundation is the leading organization in the United Stated dedicated to the awareness, prevention, and treatment of kidney disease. It is made up of hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals and millions of patients and at-risk Americans.
- National Kidney Foundation of Southern CA – The Southern-CA specific branch of the National Kidney Foundation
- Dialysis Patient Citizens – Non-profit organization dedicated to improving dialysis patients’ quality of life by developing awareness of dialysis issues, advocating for dialysis patients, promoting favorable public policy, and improving the partnership between patients and caregivers.
- American Kidney Fund – The American Kidney Fund is the nation’s leading non-profit working on behalf of the 30 million Americans with kidney disease. They provide a complete spectrum of programs and services: prevention activities, top-rated health educational resources, and direct financial assistance for dialysis patients.
- Renal Support Network – RSN’s non-medical programs help people who have kidney disease and their families, whether they are in the early stages of the disease, are on dialysis, or have received a transplant.
- Kidney & Urology Foundation of America – Kidney & Urology Foundation of America (KUFA) is a national, 501 c(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping people with kidney and urologic diseases and individuals waiting for organ and tissue transplants.