Kidney Disease Resources
Below is a list of helpful kidney disease resources for patients suffering from kidney disease and their families and caregivers:
- AAKP My Health – Personal healthcare tracking solution which allows you to track your doctor visits, medications, lab results, and compile your doctors information. Provided by the American Association of Kidney Patients.
- The Nephron Information Center – A repository of kidney disease resources on the web. Accessible by patients, professionals, and the general public.
- Dialysisfinder™ – Easy-to-use portal which allows patients to locate dialysis centers anywhere in the United States
- Dialysis Facility – Tool which allows you to compare dialysis centers based on various criteria. Provided by Medicare.
- UKidney – A leading resource in nephrology education. Features contributions from KOLs in nephrology.
- Transplant Living – Resources provided by the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), which maintains the U.S. organ transplant waiting list.
- Kidney Disease Information – Fact sheets and other resources provided by National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
- Creatinine Clearance Calculator – Online calculator to estimate creatinine clearance provided by the Medical College of Wisconsin
- USDA Nutrient Database – Comprehensive database of nutrition information on most foods, provided by the US Department of Agriculture and Agricultural Research Service
- Body Mass Index Calculator – Provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).