We are here to answer your questions
If you want to know more about clinical trials or are considering participating in one, the following frequently asked questions describe the role of a patient and will help you understand this unique research program.
For questions about a specific study or other general questions, email us: ptinfo@WCCT.com OR call: 1 866 461-2526
Confinement: Will I have to stay at your facility during the entire inpatient stay?
Yes. Studies with an inpatient stay will require participants to stay in our site for the duration of the study.
Food/Drinks: Can I bring outside food/drinks?
No. Unfortunately, outside food and drinks are not allowed. This includes any personal snacks for inpatient studies. While not always the case, some food and drink might interfere with how the study drug reacts in the body. To reduce possible risks, we do not allow outside food or drink.
Entertainment: Is there any entertainment available at free time?
We have an entertainment room with a flat screen TV and a few computers. You are welcome to relax in the room between procedures.
Laundry: Can I do laundry for long in-patient stays?
Yes, we have a washing machine and dryer available for use on-site.
Payment: How much is compensation?
Compensation varies depending on the study design and procedures.
Payment: When will I be paid?
You’ll be paid throughout the study period.
Payment: How will I be paid–cash, check, or bank deposit?
Compensations will be paid by checks only. We do not provide money wiring services to your bank account. In some cases, gift cards are provided, but this will be specified in your consent form.
Payment: How is the study compensation determined?
The compensation is determined by the procedures completed, study design, and the length of your participation.
Personal Belongings: Can I bring my laptop?
Personal Belongings: Will there be a locker or a safe for valuable items?
No. Unfortunately, we do not have lockers or safes for study participants. It is advised that you do not bring valuable items with you, and keep your belongings on-person as frequently as possible.
Confinement: What items will be provided ?
During your inpatient visits, we will provide:
- 1 pillow with pillowcase
- 1 fitted sheet
- 1 blanket
- Towel/wash cloth
Personal Belongings: Can I bring anything I want with me to the inpatient stay?
There are restrictions on what you can and cannot bring into our facility during inpatient stays. Below are items you may bring for your stay:
- Change of clothes for study duration stay
- Laundry Detergent (* Laundromat is provided. You are required to bring your own laundry detergent as needed.)
- Toothbrush/ Toothpaste
- Shampoo/ Soap (non-medicated)
- Beach sandals (For shower rooms and for convenience)
- Shaving Razor and nail clipper (* At check-in this item will be confiscated for safety. In order to use, you will be required to check-out the item at the front desk.)
- Hairbrush/ Comb
Room: Will I have my own room?
Room assignment will be done by our Charge Nurse according to participants’ gender, protocol, age, etc. You are not allowed to exchange trade room assignments with other study participants.
Safety: Is it safe to participate in this study?
Any possible side effects will be listed in your informed consent that you must read at your screening appointment. In the event that you do experience side effects, you will be provided appropriate medical attention by our trained staff.
Transportation: Is transportation provided?
In some cases, yes. However, volunteers are also provided compensation for time and travel, which can be fully discussed during our phone screening.
Wi-Fi: Is there Wi-Fi?
Yes, we provide free Wi-Fi to our study volunteers.
Personal belongings: Are there any items prohibited to bring ?
Yes. Here is the list:
- Towel/wash cloth
- Food, drinks, candy, and gum
- Outside beverages (including water)
- Containers (example: mugs, glass cups, hydration bottles, food containers)
- Medicated toiletries (example: aloe vera lip balm, dandruff shampoo, acne face wash, vitamin E lotion, medicated lotion, eye drops etc.)
- Medications (except when approved per study)
- Medicated nasal wash/spray/inhalers (example: albuterol, nasonex)
- Wax/hair removal products
- Bleaching products, hair coloring products
- Vitamins and herbal supplements
- Flammable/aerosol products (including acetone)
- Pornographic paraphernalia
- Large electronic items and furniture
- NON-string musical instruments (guitar is allowed)
- Sharp objects (scissors, knives, nail clippers, silverware, sewing needles etc.) * in the event that you do bring these items, they will be confiscated at check-in.