WCCT Merges with oncology CRO Medelis
Two Combined Experiences.
One Clear Vision.
To Be the Global Leader in the Clinical Development of Specialized Medicines and Therapies.
WCCT Global and Medelis, Inc., a specialty oncology CRO, have merged to offer US and international clients access to an expanded depth and breadth of clinical research offerings. The merger offers customers international reach combined with specialized oncology expertise for clinical trial development and implementation.
Clinical Research Service Expansion:
- In-house project management
- Clinical monitoring
- Biostatistics and data management
- Extensive investigator and patient recruitment network
- Clinical pharmacology units
- Translational medicine team for handling all aspects of regulatory affairs
- Extensive oncology expertise:
○ Team members with first-hand clinical knowledge of tumor types and drugs and a true understanding of the diseases and investigational agents being studied
○ Experience in managing dose escalation and determining maximum tolerated dose
- Design and management of preclinical and phase 1 through phase 4 oncology studies
- Access to over 400 sites in North America and Europe
“The addition of Medelis to WCCT Global allows us to expand into the complex and rapidly growing global oncology drug development market,” said Dr. Kenneth Kim, founder and CEO of WCCT Global. “Together we’re committed to delivering world-class clinical research solutions to achieve our vision of becoming the global leader in the development of specialized medicines and therapies.”
About Medelis, Inc.
Medelis is a specialty oncology CRO focused on preclinical and phase 1 through phase 4 oncology trials in North America and Europe. Founded in 2003, Medelis provides customers with oncology expertise from drug development thought-leadership to a highly skilled clinical operations team, handling complex oncology trials in all indications, including cutting-edge immunotherapy treatments.
Learn more about Medelis and their specialty oncology solutions.
“We now offer the solution for the many customers who are looking for a single specialty oncology CRO to help them navigate all the complexities of taking oncology and immuno-oncology drugs through the clinic in the US, Europe and Asia,” said Bill Taaffe, president of Medelis.
Medelis will continue to provide the highest quality clinical research for all of Medelis’ current and future studies. Bill Taaffe, the current president of Medelis and former president and CEO of ICON Clinical Research-US, will continue to lead Medelis.
“The addition of Medelis not only creates a more robust offering for our current and future clients, it also creates a stronger company with multiple synergies to fuel our future growth,” stated Ron Linares, CFO of WCCT Global.